The OPEN-UPS was designed to provide user specified regulated power output from a wide input voltage, battery backup, multi-chemistry charging and cell balancing in a single PCBA. The unit automatically switches the power path in between Battery and Main DC input and provides buck/boost output regulation.
OpenUPS has strong Windows / Linux support and API allowing developers to interface to custom applications.
Open-UPS provides the following features:
- Intelligent UPS, USB interface, SMBUS slave and I2C master. Communication can be done over USB and the device has also SMBUS reporting capability. Windows detects OpenUPS as Battery and automatically shows battery in the system tray.
- Input 6-34V, Programable output 6-24V. Input can originate from an un-regulated or regulated DC source, output is programmable anywhere from 6-24V with a resolution of 0.25V or better. The output is tightly regulated via a high efficiency synchrounous buck/boost converter capable of delivering 6A (10A peak). NOTE: The default setting shipped with openUPS is 12V.
- Li-Ion, Li-Po, LIFEPO4, Lead Acid. A truly multi-chemistry battery charge and regulator solution. Should a certain battery chemistry not be supported by default, new battery profiles can be easily created. Charge current, float voltage and bulk charging parameters can be setup via USB interface into the OPEN-UPS non volatile flash memory.
- Fuel Gauge. Open-UPS provides accurate fuel gauge capabilities by precisely measuring the input and output current flow. In case of low battery situations, the system can send an ON/OFF pulse (or by reporting remaining battery capacity via USB) to a motherboard in an attempt to gracefully shut down the system.
OpenUPS cables included:
- End_1: mini-FIT JR receptacle 1x2pos
- End_2: Cut wire
- Wire: Yellow / Black AWG 16
- Yellow wire close to the mini-FIT JR latch
Cable2 (Battery Balance Cable)
End_1 JST PH connector, 5pin
End_2 Cut wire
AWG 26 wire colors: - POS1=Yellow
2pin-2pin - 210mm
2 x P4-12V to P4-12V Cable (200mm)